Student Executive Committee
Penn State Hillel Executive Committee
Penn State Hillel’s Executive Committee is made up of four students – President, Vice President, Treasurer, and Secretary. To learn more about the 2016-2017 Executive Committee, click here.
The Executive Committee is committed to living out Penn State Hillel’s mission to enrich the lives of the estimated 5,000 Jewish students at Penn State so that they may enrich the world.
Opportunities to Get Involved
Applications are closed until December 2017.
Penn State Hillel is seeking ambitious and talented leaders to lead the charge towards excellence. Executive Committee Members drive Hillel towards its mission of enriching the lives of Penn State’s 5,000 Jewish students so they enrich the Jewish people and the world.
- Strategize for Hillel’s successes
- Actively participate in and promote Hillel events
- Outreach to any and all communities to spread Hillel’s mission and vision
- Communicate and work collaboratively with staff members
- Serves as a full, voting member on the Hillel Board of Directors, representing student interests.
- Oversees the HJSA Executive Committee
- Helps Vice President with board meeting agendas and running meetings
- Creates agendas and runs meetings in absence of Vice President
- Works with Vice President to convene monthly meetings for the Council of Jewish Student Leaders
- Serves as spokesperson for HJSA and represents the organization to the University, other campus groups, and the community
- Plays an active role in the leadership training and development of board members
- For one semester following their term, the President must serve in an advisory role to new Executive Committee
- Serves as a full, voting member on the Hillel Board of Directors representing student interests
- Plans agendas for HJSA Executive Committee meetings and runs said meetings
- Works closely with advisor and staff in planning HJSA leadership retreat and bonding activities
- Assists the President in any capacity necessary
- Works with President to convene monthly meetings for the Council of Jewish Student Leaders.
- Oversees Student Life Committee
- Collects information on attendance, event quality, and feedback from Student Life Committee Chair
- Takes thorough minutes of all HJSA Executive Committee meetings
- Maintain records of vision and any strategies developed by the HJSA Executive Committee
- Track benchmarks for strategies and initiatives developed by the HJSA Executive Committee and measure success or lack thereof
- Manage and track JewPAC communications and requests
- Collects information on attendance, event quality, and feedback from JewPAC
- Serves as HJSA’s link to UPAC
- Coordinates all UPAC funding requests with other board members
- Keeps track of ASA account
- Researches student initiated grants and assists HJSA board members in applying for them
- Advises on budgetary issues raised by the Hillel Student Life Committee
- Manages budgets and advises the members of the Council of Jewish Student Leaders
**HJSA – Hillel Jewish Student Association