Student Executive Committee
Penn State Hillel Executive Committee
Penn State Hillel’s Executive Committee is made up of four students – President, Vice President, Treasurer, and Secretary. To learn more about the 2016-2017 Executive Committee, click here.
The Executive Committee is committed to living out Penn State Hillel’s mission to enrich the lives of the estimated 5,000 Jewish students at Penn State so that they may enrich the world.
Opportunities to Get Involved
Penn State Hillel is seeking ambitious and talented leaders to lead the charge towards excellence. Executive Committee Members drive Hillel towards its mission of enriching the lives of Penn State’s 5,000 Jewish students so they enrich the Jewish people and the world.
- Serves as a full, voting member on the Hillel Board of Directors, representing student interests
- Oversees the HJSA Executive Committee
- Helps Vice President with board meeting agendas and running meetings
- Creates agendas and runs meeting in absence of Vice President
- Works with Vice President to convene monthly meeting for the Council of Jewish Student Leaders
- Works with Vice President to meet with all members of the Council of Jewish Student Leaders at least monthly.
- Serves as spokesperson for HJSA and represents the organization to the University, other campus groups, and the community
- Plays an active role in the leadership training and development of board members.
- Encourages Jewish students to become actively involved in HJSA and to attend HJSA events or create their own.
- Serves as a full, voting member on the Hillel Board of Directors representing student interests.
- Plans agendas for HJSA Executive Committee meetings and runs said meetings.
- Works closely with advisor and staff in planning HJSA leadership retreat and bonding activities
- Assists the President in any capacity necessary.
- Works with President to convene monthly meetings for the Council of Jewish Student Leaders.
- Works with President to meet with all members of the Council of Jewish Student Leaders.
- Liaison to Student Life Committee
- Collects information on attendance, event quality, and feedback from Student Life Committee
- Takes thorough minutes of all HJSA Executive Committee meetings.
- Maintain records of vision and any strategies developed by the HJSA Executive Committee.
- Track benchmarks for strategies and initiatives developed by the HJSA Executive Committee and measure success or lack thereof.
- Advise the HJSA Executive Committee on any changes needed to improve initiatives and strategies.
- Manage JewPAC communications and keep track of all information from JewPAC requests
- Collect information on attendance, event quality, and feedback from those who participate in JewPAC
- Serves as HJSA’s link to UPAC
- Coordinates all UPAC funding requests with other board members.
- Keeps track of ASA account.
- Researches student initiated grants and assists HJSA board members in applying for them.
- Advises on budgetary issues raised by the Hillel Student Life Committee.
- Manages budget for and advises and funding applications submitted by the members of the Council for Jewish Student Leaders and active members
- Strategize for Hillel’s future success
- Actively participate and promote Hillel events
- Outreach to any and all communities to spread Hillel’s mission and vision
- Communicate and work collaboratively with Hillel’s staff members
**HJSA – Hillel Jewish Student Association
Applications are open through November 3rd. Position interviews will be November 6-9, and decisions will be made by November 10.