Alternative Break in Honduras
Roatan, Honduras – Spring 2018
- Roatan is a beautiful island in the Caribbean that is a popular tourist destination
- Roatan is well known for having the second largest coral reef in the world
- Honduras is Central America’s second poorest country
- Roatan, being an island off the coast of the country struggles to gain access to resources and because of this is even more underdeveloped than the mainland
- Student Trip leader: Adam Schwartz — (914) 715-6483 and email – email@example.com
- Trip Staff: Springboard Fellow – Innovation Specialist, Emma Kaplan, Hillel’s Social Justice Coordinator, Emily Kass, and Nationally Renowned Motivational Speaker and Jewish Life Educator, Scott Fried
- Trip dates: March 3-10 2018 (Penn State University Spring Break)
- Cost per Participant: TBD (cost to change depending on grant money raised by Hillel and individuals. Includes housing, 3 meals a day, flights, & on-the-ground transportation in Roatan)
- Lodging: TBD
- Meals: all meals are included in the cost of the program (dietary restrictions can be accommodated for)
- Cool down from a hard day of community service on the beautiful beach
- Interactions with locals who are able to tell their life stories
- Midweek excursion to experience the culture of the beautiful island
- Multiple day-long site work opportunities for community improvement and development
- Free choice nightly activities with new friends
- Must be capable and willing to perform half day of hard manual labor and or other community needs such as painting projects
- Must be willing to do individual fundraising
- Provide a $250 deposit for trip upon acceptance
We will contact you by mid-October to set up an interview if you are selected for the second round.
Check out last year’s recap video: www.youtube.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.