Live for Every Victory
LEV- Hillel’s THON Organization
LEV (Live For Every Victory) is Hillel’s THON organization. LEV’s mission is to support Penn State’s Dance MaraTHON by fundraising and making donations to the Four Diamonds fund. We offer support for our THON child Layn Burger, and his family. And we pride ourselves on fostering a meaningful connection with our family and experience with THON for each of our members.
LEV was founded in 2005 as Penn State’s Jewish Organization benefiting THON. Since 2005, LEV has raised over $200,000. LEV’s THON family includes our THON child Layn a currently healthy 10 year old boy, his two brothers Romeo and Mason, his mother Tami, his dad Lonnie, and step dad Ralfi.
President – Emily Kerner
Fundraising chair- Allison Wagman
Family Relations Chair-Matt Hampel
Special Events and PR- Mallory Dixon
- Facebook: LEV’S Network for Alumni and Current Members: “LEV (Live for Every Victory) FTK!”or Current LEV Members can check out: ‘Penn State LEV“
Support LEV and Thon today: Check out our donation page!
Email LEV President: Emily Kerner at firstname.lastname@example.org
Opportunities to get involved?
It is easy to get involved in LEV! Check out our Facebook page for information on times we are skyping with our family, fundraising, doing activities, or going on canvasing or canning trip! In addition, there are leadership opportunities to join the board every spring, and you can also apply to dance at THON on behalf of LEV!
The following positions are available for LEV 2018 Executive Board. All board members are required to attend weekly board meetings and any other position-specific meetings organized by THON. You ARE able to apply even if you intend on pursuing a THON committee.
- Oversees all other chair positions and keeps the board motivated
- Liaison between our organization and THON
- Fills out monthly organization report
- Meets one-on-one with Hillel staff person to make sure organization is moving forward
- Leads weekly executive board meeting
- Helps board members with their specified tasks
- Organize LEV shirts for THON
- Attend THON chair workshops
Family Relations Chair
- Keep in touch with our THON family (or families)
- Attend Family Relations THON chair meetings
- Fill out bi-weekly Family Relations report on THINK
- Arrange presents for LEV’s Four Diamonds child/children on birthday(s), holidays, etc.
- Come up with new ways to involve LEV with our family (Ex. having different org members write the family letters, sending our Four Diamonds child a ‘count down till THON’ calendar, etc.)
- Coordinate decorating of the family’s hotel room for THON weekend
Special Events Chair
- Plan pre and post THON events for LEV
- Types of events:
- Canning: One meeting before and after each trip, plan with canning chair
- 2-3 information sessions each semester with the rest of the exec board to keep members up to date
- Socials, bonding activities
- Work with FR chair to come up with fun ideas for org members to get to know the family
Public Relations Chair
- Take minutes at weekly meetings
- Create and update event pages on Facebook
- Working with Director of Community Engagement (Hillel Staff Person) to submit marketing requests to Hillel in a timely manner
- Social media updates
- Take pictures of events and post them on Facebook group page
- THON online donation page
- Track attendance of members at events and THON weekend
- Select host for canning trip during the summer
- Plan the one canning trip:
- Keep org members informed about their responsibilities leading up to canning
- Call township/municipality for permission, register locations with host
- Coordinate drivers and members attending the trip via e-mail
- Work with Special Events chair to organize pre/post canning meeting with org members
- Gauge interest for canvassing trips after the involvement fair
- Plan Canvassing trips throughout the year
- Responsible for THONvelopes
- Plan events/fundraisers that generate funds for LEV’s annual fundraising total
- Contacting local restaurants to do partial proceed fundraisers
- Work with Hillel to cover expenses on events and collect funds
- Submit all fundraisers through THINK, including counting funds
- Complete reports for all fundraisers
- Work with organization members to apply for and manage donation boxes
Please complete the following application by April 2 at 8PM.