Penn State Hillel’s Link Program is a yearlong engagement initiative that pairs first year students (Linksters) with upperclassman (Links). For a first year student, an upperclassman serves as a peer mentor, buddy, and link to all things Penn State. First year students who register to be a Linkster will be matched with a Link based on the self-described interests and personality of the student. In addition to the peer mentorship component of Link, various events will be held throughout the year.
Opportunities to Get Involved
- Non-First Year Students (upperclassman): Click here to apply.
- First Year Students: Click here to apply.
The goals of the program are:
- To help first year students settle in at Penn State
- To familiarize them with Jewish life at Penn State
- To facilitate their involvement in the Hillel community
As peer mentors, or Links, returning students are responsible for making the first year students, Linksters, feel welcome and supported as they step into the college world at Happy Valley. The Link Program and Penn State Hillel will host special programming designed to strengthen the relationships between link pairings and to provide opportunities to connect with students all across campus. We hope for these relationships to continue not only for the year, but also for the rest of the students’ college careers as we strive to have legacies of links in the years to come.
- Sarah Zisling – email@example.com – President
- Eric Blatt – firstname.lastname@example.org – Programming Chair
- Rachel Rubenstein – email@example.com – Social Media Chair
- Jonathan Elisha – firstname.lastname@example.org – Treasurer
- Facebook Page – Penn State Hillel Link
- Instagram – link.psuhillel