Ways to Give
Consider your donor-advised funds (DAF) or IRA (QMD) for investment this year and beyond. Contact your DAF sponsor to recommend Penn State Hillel in your charitable contributions.
Below you will see a variety of ways to support Penn State Hillel; thank you for including this community in your philanthropy! If you have any questions about making a gift or the vehicles below, please contact Director of Institutional Advancement, Stefanie Tapper at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Every dollar can take a student’s Jewish experience to the next level. The Penn State Hillel team prides itself on enriching the lives of Jewish students so that they may enrich the Jewish people and the world. Support the Every Day Impact Fund to reach these students as soon as possible.
Brew It Better, Together
Feeling like your gift can’t make a difference? Take advantage of our monthly gift option and give a cup of coffee (or 2 or 3!) each month to engage those students who will be the next big Jewish leaders. #BrewItBetter
Plan Your Legacy
Familiar with the SECURE Act of 2020?
– If you turn 70½ in 2020 or later, you can stay invested in your Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs) or defined contribution plan (DC) account longer because the age for required minimum distributions (RMDs) is now 72.
– You can continue to contribute to IRAs, regardless of age, if you’re still working and receiving earned income.
– If you inherit money from an IRA or 401(k) plan (from someone other than a spouse), you’ll have to withdraw the full amount within 10 years.
– Starting in 2024, you can start saving in a 401(k) plan if you’re a long-term, part-time employee.
– You can withdraw up to $5,000 from an IRA, penalty-free, to cover childbirth or adoption expenses. You may be able to do the same from a retirement plan.
– You can withdraw up to $10,000 from 529 plans to repay student loans for a beneficiary.
Stock or Securities
Provide your stock broker or accountant with Penn State Hillel’s Federal Tax ID: 38-3829311.
Gifts by Bequest
To leave a charitable gift in your will or revocable living trust, you simply include a clause that directs a gift be made to Penn State Hillel. You can leave a specific dollar amount, a set percentage of your estate, or the remainder of your estate If you already have a will, you can add a charitable bequest with a supplement, called a codicil.
Qualified Charitable Distribution
Making a gift from your IRA can be both simple and beneficial! Penn State Hillel is an approved nonprofit by the IRS, and can be a recipient for your QCD. The maximum amount is $100,000 for a QCD; that can buy a lot of coffee for our students!
Donor-Advised Funds (DAF)
In the wake of recent changes to tax deductions on charitable giving, it may be in your benefit to utilize a Donor-Advised Fund for your philanthropic support. Your charitable giving likely goes to organizations that need annual support, but it may not be fiscally right for you to give every year. Consideration of a DAF could provide the right flexibility to support when the organization needs it most.
Charitable Gift Annuities
A gift annuity is an agreement whereby the donor transfers assets, such as cash or appreciated securities, to Penn State Hillel. In return, the donor receives a guaranteed payment for the rest of the donor’s life. Gift annuities, which are income-producing gifts, are popular with donors because they receive a charitable income tax deduction, possible estate tax savings, a fixed payment for life, some tax-free income for a period of time, and possible capital gains tax savings.
Gift of Life Insurance
A gift of life insurance can be made through a new or existing policy by the donor designating Penn State Hillel as the owner and beneficiary. The donor receives an income tax deduction for the value of the policy when the gift is made and income tax deductions for future premium payments each year.
Feel like your support could use an extra boost? Enter your employer in the form below to see if they match charitable gifts. Double your impact in just a few minutes!