JewPAC – Jewish Programming Allocation Committee
JewPAC Rules and Info
Penn State Hillel’s Jewish Programming Allocation Committee (JewPAC) is a student-run initiative devoted to promoting Jewish life across campus by strengthening the community and helping students create their own meaningful experiences.
JewPAC is Penn State Hillel’s version of the Undergraduate Programming Allocation Committee (UPAC) and is run by Penn State Hillel’s Executive Board
We are here to make all of your Jewish programming dreams come true. Any and all programming ideas are welcome. This is meant to allow students to create the programming they want to experience in a space convenient for them.
Before the Program
- Apply for JewPAC on the JewPAC Program Request Form
- The Executive Board will send you a receipt of submission email and respond to your allocation request within 72 hours.
- The Executive Board will send you an email notifying you of your allocation Request.
- Plan your program and have fun!
After the Program
- Fill out the JewPAC Program Evaluation Form on pennstatehillel.org. This includes an attendee list, picture of the event, and brief description of your event
- Make sure the information is inputted correctly or we cannot reimburse you.
- Include a picture of your receipt. If you do not provide some form of your receipt (either the actual receipt or a picture of it), we will not reimburse you.
- You will get an email from Lori Thompson-Given, Penn State Hillel’s Director of Operations, as soon as your reimbursement is ready.
We will respond to your submission within 72 hours of sending receipt of submission.
We will review all applications on a case by case basis so if you have any ideas at all, please feel free to apply!
We will help you in anyway that you need or want.
Submit Shabbox Requests by 12pm on Friday
No alcohol will be funded.
Dinners must be Kosher Style (please see below)
Must be a minimum of 2 people.
Try to keep your pricing within the following ranges:
- 2-10 people = $10 per person
- 11-25 people = $8 per person
- 25-50 people = $7 per person
- 51-75 people = $6 per person
- 75+ people = $5 per person
If advertising, please include Penn State Hillel’s Logo.
If ordering an item such as stickers or clothing, please send a design to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keep all of your receipts
As a Jewish organization, we strongly encourage upholding and teaching Jewish values throughout our community. Because of this, we ask that your dinner be kosher style. Kosher style usually refers to food that is kosher, but is not necessarily labeled with a kosher symbol. Generally, kosher style food does not include meat from forbidden animals, such as pigs or shellfish, and does not contain both meat and milk.
Please feel free to contact the Executive Board with any questions, comments, or concerns at email@example.com.