Jewish Programming Allocation Committee Rules and Info
Penn State Hillel’s Jewish Programming Allocation Committee (JewPAC) is a student-run initiative devoted to promoting Jewish life across campus by strengthening the community and helping students create their own meaningful experiences.
JewPAC is Penn State Hillel’s version of the Undergraduate Programming Allocation Committee (UPAC) and is run by Penn State Hillel’s Executive Board
We are here to make all of your Jewish programming dreams come true. Any and all programming ideas are welcome. This is meant to allow students to create the programming they want to experience in a space convenient for them.
Before the Program
- Apply for JewPAC on the JewPAC Program Request Form
- The Executive Board will send you a receipt of submission email and respond to your allocation request within 72 hours.
- The Executive Board will send you an email notifying you of your allocation Request.
- Plan your program and have fun!
After the Program
- Fill out the JewPAC Program Evaluation Form on pennstatehillel.org. This includes an attendee list, picture of the event, and brief description of your event
- Make sure the information is inputted correctly or we cannot reimburse you.
- Include a picture of your receipt. If you do not provide some form of your receipt (either the actual receipt or a picture of it), we will not reimburse you.
- You will get an email from Lori Thompson-Given, Penn State Hillel’s Director of Operations, as soon as your reimbursement is ready.
We will respond to your submission within 72 hours of sending receipt of submission.
We will review all applications on a case by case basis so if you have any ideas at all, please feel free to apply!
We will help you in anyway that you need or want.
Submit Shabbox Requests by 12pm on Friday
No alcohol will be funded.
Dinners must be Kosher Style (please see below)
Must be a minimum of 2 people.
Try to keep your pricing within the following ranges:
- 2-10 people = $10 per person
- 11-25 people = $8 per person
- 25-50 people = $7 per person
- 51-75 people = $6 per person
- 75+ people = $5 per person
If advertising, please include Penn State Hillel’s Logo.
If ordering an item such as stickers or clothing, please send a design to email@example.com.
Keep all of your receipts.
Have your own traditions that you would like to bring to Penn state? Use JewPAC funding for your own unique holiday experiences, whether you want to fry latkes or celebrate Tu B’shvat in the woods, JewPAC can help make any holiday experience special.
If you would prefer to have smaller, more intimate Shabbat experiences, or large, robust dinners, JewPAC is here to make that happen. Students have hosted 10 people in an apartment for Shabbat and others have gathered 100+ people on a sorority floor. Whatever makes Shabbat special for you, Hillel can help.
The world is evolving every day! If there are timely topics you’d like to unpack with your friends, Jewpac can help you organize a Jewish conversation complete with appropriate sources and staff support.
Examples: politics, Zionism, Jewish law, LGBTQA issues, love and friendship, leadership, and more!
Jewish culture is rich and diverse! Want to watch an Israeli film with friends? Try your hand at cooking Moroccan Jewish meal? Visit a museum in a nearby city that’s hosting a special exhibit that focuses on Jewish life and culture? JewPAC can help!
Do you have another idea for a Jewish experience? Let Hillel help you create an amazing program with JewPAC funding!
As a Jewish organization, we strongly encourage upholding and teaching Jewish values throughout our community. Because of this, we ask that your dinner be kosher style. Kosher style usually refers to food that is kosher, but is not necessarily labeled with a kosher symbol. Generally, kosher style food does not include meat from forbidden animals, such as pigs or shellfish, and does not contain both meat and milk.
Applications are available on the JewPAC Program Request Page.
Please feel free to contact the Executive Board with any questions, comments, or concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org.