Student Life Committee
Penn State Hillel Student Life Committee
The Student Life Committee is a group of driven and passionate student leaders within Penn State Hillel. The group works together to plan innovative and engaging programming for all Penn State students. This group coordinates Penn State’s academic calendar and Jewish calendar with annual programming including Welcome Week, Shabbat and High Holidays events, and general social events. This committee works with staff members to receive in-depth leadership training and continued Jewish learning. This year-long commitment includes bi-weekly group meetings, several times for setting up/cleaning up Friday night Shabbat dinners, assistance in setting up High Holiday/Passover dinners, and general support and attendance at Hillel events throughout the year.
- Rachel Dingman, Hillel Assistant Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
Opportunities to Get Involved
The Jewish Student Life Committee seeks driven and passionate student leaders to create innovative and engaging Jewish programs for students on campus. Student Life Committee are responsible for general Jewish programming for High Holidays and Passover, but also social programs like Penn State’s Welcome Week to bring Jewish students together.
Committee Position Specifics:
- Creates innovative & engaging programs that relate to the campus community
- Leverages networks to increase attendance at programs
- Actively participates in and promotes Hillel events
- Communicates and works collaboratively with staff members