Alternative Spring Break – Honduras
Join us for our overseas Alternative Spring Break Trip to Honduras this year!
This year, Penn State Hillel and Rebuild-U are offering their second alternative break volunteer trip to Roatan, Honduras!
Check out last year’s trip!
- Roatan is a beautiful island in the Caribbean that is a popular tourist destination
- Roatan is well known for having the second largest coral reef in the world
- Honduras is Central America’s second poorest country
- Roatan, being an island off the coast of the country struggles to gain access to resources and because of this is even more underdeveloped than the mainland
- Student Trip leader: Becca Lerman
- Trip Staff: Hillel’s Director of Leadership Initiatives, Leah Chakoff, Springboard Fellow – Innovation Specialist, Emma Kaplan, and Nationally Renowned Motivational Speaker and Jewish Life Educator, Scott Fried
- Trip dates: March 4-11 2016 (Penn State University Spring Break)
- Cost per Participant: TBD (cost to change depending on grant money raised by Hillel and indivuduals. Includes housing, 3 meals a day, flights, & on-the-ground transportation in Roatan)
- Lodging: Splash Inn Dive Resort (West End Coxen Hole, Roatan, Honduras)
- Meals: all meals are included in the cost of the program (dietary restrictions can be accommodated for)
- Cool down from a hard day of community service on the beautiful beach
- Interactions with locals who are able to tell their life stories
- Midweek excursion to experience the culture of the beautiful island
- Must be capable and willing to perform half day of hard manual labor and or other community needs such as painting projects
- Must be willing to do individual fundraising
- Provide a $250 deposit for trip upon acceptance
Click here to view a video of the project we will be working to continue: Stepping Up in Roatan
How do I get on this trip?
Students interested in attending this trip must fill out the application below!
Contact Becca Lerman at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or concerns