Lean More About Our Alternative Break Trips:
Penn State Hillel is dedicated to the Jewish values of Tzedek and Tikkun Olam (Justice and Repairing the World). Our staff takes students on several service-based trips throughout the year, both nationally and around the world. Past trips include Oklahoma, Israel, Texas, and Honduras
New Orleans – Spring 2017
Penn State Hillel is partnering with Nechama, the former Jewish Disaster Relief Corps, to sponsor an alternative Spring Break trip in New Orleans. Students will be volunteering during the day, participating in conversations in the evening, and enjoy a night out in the city.
- Trip Leader: Rob France, Assistant Director- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Trip Dates: March 5-11
All students are welcome to apply, regardless of religious affiliation. Students are responsible for paying a nominal registration fee. Fundraisers will likely cover all or part of traveling expenses.
Click HERE to apply!
Roatan, Honduras – Spring 2017
- Roatan is a beautiful island in the Caribbean that is a popular tourist destination
- Roatan is well known for having the second largest coral reef in the world
- Honduras is Central America’s second poorest country
- Roatan, being an island off the coast of the country struggles to gain access to resources and because of this is even more underdeveloped than the mainland
- Student Trip leader: Becca Lerman
- Trip Staff: Hillel’s Director of Leadership Initiatives, Leah Chakoff, Springboard Fellow – Innovation Specialist, Emma Kaplan, and Nationally Renowned Motivational Speaker and Jewish Life Educator, Scott Fried
- Trip dates: March 4-11 2017 (Penn State University Spring Break)
- Cost per Participant: TBD (cost to change depending on grant money raised by Hillel and individuals. Includes housing, 3 meals a day, flights, & on-the-ground transportation in Roatan)
- Lodging: Splash Inn Dive Resort (West End Coxen Hole, Roatan, Honduras)
- Meals: all meals are included in the cost of the program (dietary restrictions can be accommodated for)
- Cool down from a hard day of community service on the beautiful beach
- Interactions with locals who are able to tell their life stories
- Midweek excursion to experience the culture of the beautiful island
- Must be capable and willing to perform half day of hard manual labor and or other community needs such as painting projects
- Must be willing to do individual fundraising
- Provide a $250 deposit for trip upon acceptance
Click here to view a video of the project we will be working to continue: Stepping Up in Roatan
For more information, please email email@example.com.
Click HERE to apply!